Once again, Canadians voted credit unions as the best for Customer Service Excellence and Branch Service Excellence among all financial institutions in Canada in the Ipsos Financial Service Excellence Awards 2018. This marks the 14th year running that Canada’s credit unions have won this accolade!
Credit unions were also recognized in the Values My Business category for the 11th consecutive year and for the first time in the Online Banking Excellence category.
This year Canada’s credit unions received nine Ipsos Financial Service Excellence Awards in the following categories:
- First for Customer Service Excellence (14th consecutive year);
- First for Branch Service Excellence (14th consecutive year);
- First for Values My Business (11th consecutive year);
- First for Online Banking Excellence (4th consecutive year, First in 2018, tied last three years);
- Winner (tied) for Live Agent Telephone Banking Excellence (6th year)
- Winner (tied) for Mobile Banking Excellence (4th time, 3rd consecutive year);
- Winner (tied) for Financial Planning and Advice (11th consecutive year);
- Winner (tied) ATM Banking Excellence
- Winner (tied) for Automated Telephone Banking Excellence; (6th consecutive year [note: prior to 2013 there was a single Award for total Telephone Banking, which the credit union system shared each year from 2008 to 2012]).
About Canada’s Credit Unions
Canada’s credit unions and caisses populaires offer a full-range of retail banking services to over 5.7 million Canadians. Collectively Canada’s 252 credit unions generate over $6.5 billion in economic impact, are leaders in small business lending, and have assets of over $225 billion. For more information on Canada’s credit unions visit www.ccua.com.
Ipsos is an independent market research company controlled and managed by research professionals. Founded in France in 1975, Ipsos has grown into a worldwide research group with a strong presence in all key markets. Ipsos ranks fourth in the global research industry. With offices in 89 countries, Ipsos delivers insightful expertise across five research specializations: brand, advertising and media; customer loyalty; marketing; public affairs research; and survey management. Ipsos researchers assess market potential and interpret market trends. They develop and build brands. They help clients build long-term relationships with their customers. They test advertising and study audience responses to various media and they measure public opinion around the globe. Ipsos has been listed on the Paris Stock Exchange since 1999 and generated global revenues of €1,780.5 million in 2017.
Learn more in the news release here.