Monday, November 1st, 2021 sees SPARK (SPARK) The Energy Credit Union become part of Connect First (connectFirst) Credit Union.
Together, SPARK and Connect First will serve approximately 130,000 members in 44 different communities across central and southern Alberta. Employing almost 750 Albertans, and with approximately $6 billion in assets, it will be one of Canada’s largest credit unions. The amalgamated credit union will operate under the legal name of Connect First Credit Union Ltd.
SPARK’s two branches, at Calgary 4th & 4th, and at the downtown office in Fort Saskatchewan, will remain open, Monday to Friday, 8am – 3pm.
- Downtown Calgary, 117, 400 4 Ave SW (403) 718-7770
- Downtown Fort Saskatchewan, 9923 103 Street (780) 665-5539
- Alberta toll-free: 1 (877) 582-6222
For SPARK members, please be assured that connectFirst are committed to meeting your banking needs. Accounts won’t be moved onto the connectFirst banking platforms until January 2022 to ensure there is no disruption over the holiday period, and in the interim you’ll continue to access them in the same way you do today.
Here’s what you can expect to change from November 1st:
- New branch names, same locations. SPARK Calgary will be known as connectFirst Calgary 4th and 4th and SPARK Fort Saskatchewan will be known as connectFirst Fort Saskatchewan. Both branches will continue to operate from Monday to Friday, 8 AM to 3 PM.
- New titles, same faces. Many of the people you’ve come to know, and trust, will continue to be there for you at the 4th and 4th and Fort Saskatchewan branches, but with slightly different titles.
- Online account opening and loan and credit card application programs will be temporarily disabled. If you’d like to open a new account, set up an investment product, or apply for a new loan or credit card, we will be connecting you directly to our Financial Experience Advisors to ensure that we can thoroughly review your needs.